Sunday, September 15, 2013

A Lisette Jacket: Just for fun!



How's this for fun? A sweet little hot pink somethin' to liven up  just about anything. This adorable Lisette jacket pattern caught my eye when I was skimming the review gallery on Pattern Review. It was calling, no, make that screaming my name. 



I bought it, got myself some HOT PINK pique at Hancocks, and stitched this baby up in an evening. Couture, she ain't. But she can go happily to work with black slacks, and to my nephew's game with jeans, and out for drinks with khaki capris, so she's my kind of girl for Fall! 



I'm not going to list all the faults. OK, yes I am, but just this once, and then I'm going to move on and enjoy this precious little top. 

First, the good...Princess seams- Yay!! easy fitting through the bust and back. Ruffled collar- too damn cute. On seam welt pockets-  nice detail. One button loop closure- stylish, comfortable,fun.

Now the bad... Unlined- have to serge finish every seam and edge. Unlined-the fabric wrinkles at elbows and looks like it wishes it was lined. Unlined- the facing is too wide and awkward, and just generally looks sad to me. The Pockets- too small and high to be useful, I would prefer faux welts because I will never use these pockets. Sleeve heads-poorly drafted and much too high. Shame on me for squeezing them into the armscye with so much extra fullness. 

Cute button & loop. I think I trimmed by neckline
seam too much. 
Unfortunate sleeve heads


Teensy on seam pockets- but
welts look nice. 
Unlined... 


Swooning!



Sometimes perfection is overrated. Sometimes all you want is immediate gratification and a little sass. Miss Lisette 2209 has got that covered. 

This isn't to say she might not come back in the future all lined and fitted and fancy.... 

Thanks for stopping by!!
-Pam



























8 comments:

  1. CUTE, CUTE, CUTE! ...... and I love the color :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this color on you, Pam. And the ruffle is so flattering by your face. Great idea to use piqué for this. I bought the pattern for the dress and never even considered how cute the jacket is. You're so right..a quick project is all you want sometimes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the compliment! Pique is the perfect weight for early fall.

      Delete
  3. I never think of hot pink for Fall - but how perfect is this? Good for you for just getting it done - so you can wear it, enjoy it and move on to the next one. Get ready for lots of compliments whenever you wear this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Ever since I decided to embrace my gray hair, hot pink has been a year round staple in my wardrobe.

      Delete
  4. What a cute jacket. Love the collar and the color is perfect on you -- with your gorgeous silver hair! Thanks for the tips on this adorable pattern. I've used lots of Oliver + S patterns for my grands but never one for myself. Might have to try this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The jacket got rave reviews at my office. Give it a go!

      Delete